About the Event
Away from the borders and coasts, Kansas City-area students are often surprised to find just how many international academic and professional opportunities await them after high school. This unique college and career fair brings students to the virtual table, together with dozens of international businesses, organizations, colleges, and universities, in order to show them just how global their future can be.
Previous Your Global Future college and career fairs brought together more than 500 Kansas City–area high school students and their teachers, from around the Kansas City metro region. They interacted with more than 50 businesses, university programs, and community organizations. This year’s three-day digital event – Tuesday to Thursday, October 13-15 – is a college and career fair like no other. Designed to be as flexible as possible, this digital opportunity set will include both synchronous and asynchronous programming options for students, teachers, and organizations to take advantage of, like:
- Workshops on Resumes, Internships, and Volunteering
- Featured panels from event sponsors Cerner and the University of Missouri
- Breakout session opportunities for students to hear from organizations directly, and to practice their interview skills with our global professionals
- Click here for How Global Is Your Future? A pre-planned exercise teachers can use or adapt to instantly incorporate the event directly into their classroom
- Here on our virtual Your Global Future exhibit hall, students can access more information and resources from each participating organization before, during, and after the event
- Raffle Drawings for Students & Teachers
- Can’t make every session? No worries! Check back here after the 3-day event for free access to sessions recordings for at least one week following our live programming
- Want an email notification when recordings are available? Contact Education Outreach Coordinator VISTA Natalie Friend to be put on the list.